classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

tonibell ice cream yard in Gravesend Kent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'

tonibell
tonibell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
tonibell
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

tonibell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: tonibell ice cream yard in Gravesend Kent Reply with quote

Hi does any body have any related pictures or history that can help me trace the tonibell yard in Gravesend Kent ,even any stories related or people who may of also operated out of this Yard.I am also in need of a Cow that used to fit on top of the Bedford CA's to buy or even ask to cast a mold out of.My Father operated out of there in the 60-70's and now I am tracing as much history as I can.
Keef

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried contacting folk running these sites? :-

http://www.basildon.com/history/industry/tonibell.html
http://www.thoseweleftbehind.co.uk/2009/04/tonibell-pink-ice-cream-vans-and-their.html

=========
tonibell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thanks for the info,the pink CA was a Picador model of the 60's which I can remember only being 6.I cannot get any info on the yard in Gravesend ,not even from Gravesend Library ,have put ads in the forums and will now just have to wait for that lucky day that some one may of worked or had a van.
waltergallons

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Tonibell yard at Gravesend Reply with quote

Hi there,

I was out last week in Mitcham and I saw a quite modern looking Tonibell van. Didn't realise that they were still around. Anyway, as a result of that sighting I Googled 'Tonibell'. The reason I have that interest is that my dad was also a Tonibell driver out of the Gravesend yard in the 60s / 70s / and early 80s. Unfortunately he died a few years ago, but I have memories of that yard. I'm 47 now, born in 1962. I used to love going out with my dad to work in his van. In the 60s it was just great to be out in an ice cream van, and then mid 70's I used to work in the van with him once a week in the summers. Eventually when I obtained my driving licence I took the van out on my own. That was roughly 1979 I believe. I remember taking the van out the day Prince Charles got married to Diana and taking a lot of money.
I can't remember much about the yard now. Just cloudy memories of it. When I was very young it seemed so exciting going there. The only two names that I can remember from the Gravesend yard were the manager George Foster and another driver Terry Rich. I wouldn't even remember where the yard is, as I'm not that good on Gravesend.
My dad was known as 'Mick', but his real name was Romano Gallone. Haven't got any photos of the yard. Maybe one or two of my dad with his van. Sorry can't be of more help regarding the yard.
Penman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Have you seen this thread?
http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3570&highlight=tonibell

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
tonibell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: tonibell Reply with quote

Yes many thanks for the thread ,the yard was at Basildon and have these already ,thanks for looking but anything of Gravesend let me know. Very Happy
bootsaler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: tonibell van ca bedford blue short video Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hZDY22n2AQ
iansuperwhippy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be worth contacting Steve Tillyer as he has researched the Tonibell history and i am sure he would help you if he could. His eml address is:

mister.sundae - at - virgin.net

[address tweaked to avoid scammers, Rick]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: