classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Morris eight S1 brakes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
MattF

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Morris eight S1 brakes Reply with quote

Hey everyone I'm new hear, have a lovly 36 green/black two door S1 eight that i'd love to tell you all about but my computer just crashed as i was finishing wrighting all about her so as its so late (11pm NZ) that can wait.

Just wanted to know if anyone can give me any help/addvice taking out the master brake cylender?? I was under her just befor but couldnt work it out Crying or Very sad
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome

Quite a few Morris 8 owners on this forum Very Happy , what do need to know? I'm sure one of us will be able to help.

You need a 5/8 " whitworth box spanner to remove the master cylinder (sockets are not deep enough) The cylinder is bolted through the chassis.

Dave
MattF

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks ukdave, been busy last couple of days so havnt touched her, but pulled out the back seat today because i've read that the timber normally rots under the rear window....found theres quite a lot of timber thats nearly all gone however thank god the metals sound. I was wondering if anyone with a S1 two door would be able to pull the back seat out and take a photo of the timber work so i can get a decent look at what it should look like??
Cheers guys!! Very Happy
Bob T

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mat,
I have just seen your post, do you still want some pictures? If so which bits in particular?
Bob Taylor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: