classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Morris 8 SE window rubber replacement
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
DanH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Morris 8 SE window rubber replacement Reply with quote

Well I'm back to the forum after a short short absence. Went though a bit of a worrying time money wise recently and for a while it was looking like the Morris was going to have to go! Anyway things have worked out OK and its time to get stuck into the SE again!

I would like to replace the hard and perished window rubbers on the rear windows of my car (its a 4 door) I know I can get the right rubbers from Basis here in NZ but I would like some guidance around taking the windows out and replacing the rubbers. Has anyone done this before and have any tips? The rear window has a wooden frame I believe, will I have to take this out when replacing the rubbers?

Thanks
Dan
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan

At someone's request I did post a picture of the rear wooden frame, can't remember if it was on this forum or the Morris Register forum Rolling Eyes
I think you are on both so worth a search.

Davel
DanH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave.

Yes I'm on both forums. I found the thread with the photo of the rear window frame, although. In your photos I can see the frame still in place, but the glass removed.

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16366&highlight=rear+window
hunsta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a timely thread. However I have the other end of the problem. My series E came with no rear window. It has the timber(and in good nick) still attached, but I have no idea how the rubber mounts to the body. can you post a pic of the rear even if the rubber is perished.
Cheers
Craig
DanH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will take a photo tonight for you. Conversely could you take a photo of your rear window without the glass in it? Funnily enough it may help me work out how the glass comes out.
DanH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised here are the photos of my rear window. Have taken one from the outside and one from the inside of the car.

hunsta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry been a busy week. Just saw this. Thanks for that. Yes Ill get a pic up asap for you.
Cheers
Craig
hunsta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go. Wood is not in perfect condition but its still very serviceable. Guess we can put that down to the more drier aussie weather.

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: