|Homepage.||This page: Lotus and Lotus-powered cars|
Some early Lotuses in this free screensaver
Download it free of charge at oldclassiccar.co.uk
For anyone interested in the classic Elans, Europas, Elites, 6s, 7s and cars from other manufacturers powered by Lotus engines, is this free screensaver, part of a collection of classic car screensavers available, only at oldclassiccar.co.uk
The full download has all 18 pictures in it (1.95Mb) or a cut-down version with just 8 of the photographs (0.99Mb).
Lotus cars upto the mid 1970s are featured (no wedge Elites or Eclats, sorry!), including the early days of the Six and Seven, through to the Elan (fixed head and open), Elan Sprint, Europa (inc Gold Leaf Team Lotus edition), Elan Plus 2, and Elite. Cars powered by the twin-cam Lotus engine built by other makers also feature, such as the Lotus Cortina and Sunbeam Talbot Lotus. Later Lotuses will feature in a future version.
Instructions (PC version only)
1. Pick the E-Type screensaver you want (see further down)
2. When prompted, save the .exe application file to your PC C: drive & make a note of where you put it
3. Using Windows Explorer, find the file you just downloaded
4. Double click on the file (lotus.exe or lotus_small.exe) to fire it up
5. A grey window shows on screen
6. You can preview the screensaver before installing, just click Run
7. Any keypress or mouse movement will cancel the screensaver
8. To install the screensaver, click the Install option in the grey window
9. You're done! the classic Lotus screensaver is now your default
10. When you've had enough of it you can go back into your Display settings in MS Windows, and reset to another screensaver if you wish
If you're not too confident with changing your PC settings in this way, it is probably best to get someone who knows more about this kind of thing to do it. It has been tested on my own PC (running Windows XP) and works ok with Internet Explorer 6.0 and Firefox 1.0 browsers. No guarantees, warranties or anything else that it'll work on every new or ancient PC out there! I can't take responsibility for anyone re-configuring their Windows settings by trying this - however it should be fine, but it does require a little knowledge by the user to install it.
Full 18 photo version 1.95Mb
Cut-down 8 photo d/load 0.99Mb
|www.oldclassiccar.co.uk (C) R. Jones. Content not to be reproduced elsewhere.|
|Website by ableweb.|