classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Fasteners for badges
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
andycars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Fasteners for badges Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have several mainly 1960s classics. I'm currently restoring a 1967 Ford Anglia Super. Much of the chromework/badges have pins on the back and I am looking for a supplier of the sleeves which fit in the holes in the bodywork before inserting the badges. For example, the boot chromes (known as "spears") on the Super have pins approx 4mm dia and the holes in the boot are approx 4.5mm dia. There should be sleeves in the holes which spread once the pins are inserted. Any ideas anyone?
Andrew
richard 2509

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Fasteners for badges Reply with quote

andycars wrote:
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have several mainly 1960s classics. I'm currently restoring a 1967 Ford Anglia Super. Much of the chromework/badges have pins on the back and I am looking for a supplier of the sleeves which fit in the holes in the bodywork before inserting the badges. For example, the boot chromes (known as "spears") on the Super have pins approx 4mm dia and the holes in the boot are approx 4.5mm dia. There should be sleeves in the holes which spread once the pins are inserted. Any ideas anyone?
Andrew

sorry cant help you with that one. i had to grind the lugs off the back of the badges and stick them on with trim tape on my anglia.
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,
Welcome to the forum, there are quite a few trim and fastener companies that advertise in mags like Practical Classics etc, which ones have you tried? - just to save giving you leads that you have already ruled out.
UKdave2002

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy

try either;
Frost http://www.frost.co.uk/
or
Woolies http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/DEFAULT.ASPX

Dave
andycars

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: fasteners for badges Reply with quote

Many thanks for the replies. Woolies looks most promising at moment - I have e-mailed them with specific details and also ordered a catalogue on-line. Will let you know if I have any success.
Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: