classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Sovereign Coupe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
Penman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject: Sovereign Coupe Reply with quote

On Facebook Market Place.
https://tinyurl.com/yhy4v7f8

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
Ray White

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who bought a new one in yellow.

It was affectionately known as "the custard tart" Laughing
mikeC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1.0 litre version must be a rarity Shocked
Ray White

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeC wrote:
The 1.0 litre version must be a rarity Shocked

...and a RHD car with kilometres on the clock? Confused
Keith D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray,

All our cars have had kilometres on the clock since the mid ninety seventies and our cars are all RHD.

Keith
1999 BMW Z3
Its weird being the same age as old people.
You are either part of the problem or part of the solution
Ray White

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith D wrote:
Ray,

All our cars have had kilometres on the clock since the mid ninety seventies and our cars are all RHD.

Keith

I hadn't realised you were in Kms that far back.

If that Jag is an Australian import the chances are that it may not be a rot box. Wink

Ray.
mikeC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The advert claims 'all new floors' about seven years ago, so it must have been pretty rotten at some time in its life.
Ray White

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeC wrote:
The advert claims 'all new floors' about seven years ago, so it must have been pretty rotten at some time in its life.

Probably still is Shocked

Much as I like old Jags (I am an honorary life member of the JDC) I despair of the way they rot.
badhuis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray White wrote:
Much as I like old Jags (I am an honorary life member of the JDC) I despair of the way they rot.

In the 80s any classic Jaguar you would come across here in the Netherlands almost always were the result of a big body restoration. I wanted a Mk1 or Mk2 saloon but could not find an example which did not need months of welding. In fact I ruled out the Mk1 / 2 saloons because they have a strip of bodywork between the front and rear doors, making aligning the bodywork after the inevitably rust repairs at the bottom halves very difficult from a DIY perspective.

Later on, late 80s and during the 90s, you would see more and more imports from warmer climates. These were almost rust free, a phenomenon not seen before on classic Jaguars.
My 420 is a good example. It was imported from the US in 1998 and only has a few localised spots of rust instead of needing new floors, door bottoms, wheel arches etc etc. So I ended up with not a Mk1 or Mk2, but a 420 which has the same doors and filler strip in between. As far as I know the doors never have been off the car (and will not be as long as I own the car).
Ray White

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badhuis wrote:
Ray White wrote:

In the 80s any classic Jaguar you would come across here in the Netherlands almost always were the result of a big body restoration. I wanted a Mk1 or Mk2 saloon but could not find an example which did not need months of welding. In fact I ruled out the Mk1 / 2 saloons because they have a strip of bodywork between the front and rear doors, making aligning the bodywork after the inevitably rust repairs at the bottom halves very difficult from a DIY perspective.

Later on, late 80s and during the 90s, you would see more and more imports from warmer climates. These were almost rust free, a phenomenon not seen before on classic Jaguars.
My 420 is a good example. It was imported from the US in 1998 and only has a few localised spots of rust instead of needing new floors, door bottoms, wheel arches etc etc. So I ended up with not a Mk1 or Mk2, but a 420 which has the same doors and filler strip in between. As far as I know the doors never have been off the car (and will not be as long as I own the car).

You are right. I like the 420. I know it was an interim model but it has real class!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: