classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1951 Lanchester LD10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Vulgalour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is video day, so here's another update on the Lanchester.

https://youtu.be/BQaXbdqiLbM?feature=shared

Had to get the rear wing off to inspect the wooden frame to make sure the woodworm hadn't got in and caused problems there. Project creep well and truly set in here.

---

I can also finally let you know why the Lanchester was briefly put up for sale recently. Somewhat unfortunately, Pat and I have broken up and have been going through a period of rationalisation with projects and moving forwards. It's an amicable and mutual break up and we're still very good friends, our relationship has just taken a different path to what either of us expected. We needed to sort through a lot of personal stuff before making this public knowledge which is why reasons weren't given when the car went up for sale. Personal lives are just that. The Lanchester will stay with Pat and ownership will continue to be shared. Updates will continue as I've got quite a bit of pre-recorded footage and I will be visiting Pat after I've moved to help him continue work on the car.

The Lanchester therefore is safe, though progress may well be very slow as a result as some of the jobs will be reliant on me visiting Pat after I've moved, and Pat isn't at all keen on documenting things with video or photos. We'll just have to see how it all pans out.

For me, I've already got a place lined up and will be moving there early next year. I'm heading back up North which I'm as excited as one can be given the circumstances as I'll be heading back to a part of the country I quite like and will be nearer my real world friends than I have been for quite a few years. Things will be considerably cheaper too, which will help. I shall be reduced to just my Austin Princess, I'm selling my Austin Maestro, so my efforts at the moment are going into making the Princess in the best health it can be so I can once again use it as my one and only car. I don't commute and I don't drive many miles so it's all the car I really need.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best during this transition, hope your move goes as smoothly as possible.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
peter scott

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
All the best during this transition, hope your move goes as smoothly as possible.

RJ

+1

Peter
Vulgalour

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little bit overdue a check in here aren't I? There's nothing to report really, my time has been taken up with the logistics of packing and running my little business and all that so the Lanchester is just snuggled up in hibernation mode and probably will stay that way until the weather warms up. Pat is eager to get stuck in on project management and making the garage entirely Lanchester focused and I think that will do this project good.

For me, now I've sold the Maestro I'm now using the Princess as my only car and I'm going to just focus on sorting out all the deferred maintenance and getting her up to the standard she should be after I've moved to the new place in about 8 weeks time. I'm using her for occasional errands just to keep everything happy but not digging into any of the bigger jobs just in case, better to have a working car that needs a little bit of love than one in pieces I've then got to figure out how to move.

There is Lanchester video content waiting in my editing queue and that will be coming out in a few months. I'm clearing the last of the Maestro videos since that car is sold just so I can wrap that story up, and then we'll switch to what has been happening on the Lanchester.

Future videos on the Lanchester will happen too. I'll still need to come back to Kent to help out with bodywork and general stuff since Pat isn't confident with welding and I'm happy to do most of what's needed.

I'll probably be quiet for a couple of months again now just while I get through everything.
Vulgalour

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, a new Lanchester video for you all to enjoy, I know it's been quite a while. My routines are finally getting re-established here and I'm adjusting nicely to life in Lincolnshire which has a much more comfortable pace of life for me.

https://youtu.be/wBzqHG7oHUM?feature=shared

Photo write ups might happen in the future, right now they're too much work for me to be able to do so I'm afraid you'll have to tolerate moving pictures until I've got more time free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40
Page 40 of 40

Jump to: