classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Replacing rubber petrol hoses
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
thefunkaygibbon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 pm    Post subject: Replacing rubber petrol hoses Reply with quote

After an issue with electrics I have finally solved, I noticed a split in an old rubber petrol hose, so this needs replacing. While I'm at it, I may as well change all the rubber hoses.

With the delights of E10 fuels eating rubber in carburettor powered engines, has anyone got information on either longer lasting, or ethanol resistant fuel hoses? I know I still need to drain from carbs, petrol pumps and any other rubber elements in the car, but I was thinking that this would at least be one less thing to worry about in the mid term
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the term you're looking for is "R9", which is the specification that is able to resist E10 ethanol fuels. I also read that there is "fake" R9 fuel hose, so buy it from somewhere reputable. How you'll decide that they're reputable is another matter.
thefunkaygibbon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that is perfect. I will take a look tomorrow at where to get some from, and how much I will need
V8 Nutter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R6 is designed for carburettors and comes in Imperial sizes, R9 is heavier and is meant for injection and comes in metric sizes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: