|
|
| Author |
Message |
Ray White

Joined: 02 Dec 2014 Posts: 7725 Location: Derby
|
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2026 10:27 am Post subject: |
|
|
You make an entirely valid point about the sheer size of some cars; in this case American cars.
I am somewhat restricted in garage space due to 'Green Belt' regulations which has limited my choices. As the '26 Dodge tourer was given to me I had to house it ...but it was definitely a squeeze.
I find my two small cars - the MG and the Swallow - are enough given the space.
Forgive me for saying, but may I respectfully suggest that instead of getting another car you give yourself enough room to get stuck into finishing the Austin A40? I think that would be a great little car to tootle about in.
You don't see many of them about now. They used to be everywhere.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
alastairq
Joined: 14 Oct 2016 Posts: 2266 Location: East Yorkshire
|
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2026 10:50 am Post subject: |
|
|
I have to say...I was most disappointed to see the Dodge pickup go.
I would have loved the chance [and the funds?] to have that old beastie.
As a pensioneer, my daily driving needs are becoming much reduced, and 99% rural back lanes to boot...and something like that ol' Dodge pickup would have suited me & my needs down to the ground. A perfect oily rag user, in my view....[which is often of the jaundiced variety]
Some would have seen an old classic vehicle...I saw an 'old tool!'...like those old wooden handled screwdrivers, eh?
I am no real fan of 'hot-rodded' old pickups, however... _________________ Dellow Mk2, 1951 built, reg 1952.
Fiat 126 BIS
Cannon special [1996 registered. Built in 1950's]
----------------------------------------------
Ford Pop chassis, Ashley 1172 bodyshell, in pieces. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Ray White

Joined: 02 Dec 2014 Posts: 7725 Location: Derby
|
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2026 11:16 am Post subject: |
|
|
| alastairq wrote: |
I am no real fan of 'hot-rodded' old pickups, however... |
Me neither. I always think they look "disfigured" (to put it politely).
The current fad for pretend ageing also leaves me cold.
(Alastair. If you want to make some easy money; buy and sell gold.) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Rick Site Admin

Joined: 27 Apr 2005 Posts: 22982 Location: UK
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Rick Site Admin

Joined: 27 Apr 2005 Posts: 22982 Location: UK
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Rick Site Admin

Joined: 27 Apr 2005 Posts: 22982 Location: UK
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Rick Site Admin

Joined: 27 Apr 2005 Posts: 22982 Location: UK
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Rick Site Admin

Joined: 27 Apr 2005 Posts: 22982 Location: UK
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Rick Site Admin

Joined: 27 Apr 2005 Posts: 22982 Location: UK
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Rick Site Admin

Joined: 27 Apr 2005 Posts: 22982 Location: UK
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Rick Site Admin

Joined: 27 Apr 2005 Posts: 22982 Location: UK
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Rick Site Admin

Joined: 27 Apr 2005 Posts: 22982 Location: UK
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Rick Site Admin

Joined: 27 Apr 2005 Posts: 22982 Location: UK
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Rick Site Admin

Joined: 27 Apr 2005 Posts: 22982 Location: UK
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Rick Site Admin

Joined: 27 Apr 2005 Posts: 22982 Location: UK
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|