classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Where can I find parts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
smokey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Where can I find parts? Reply with quote

Hello.

I have just started restoring a 1950 F2PW. (Dodge/Fargo Power wagon B-2 .1950)

I try to find parts to it here in Europe. Anyone who knows an company who sells parts to these trucks? (in europe).

Im very thankful for all the help I can get.....!

Please visit: http://groups.msn.com/Fargopowerwagonrestoring/shoebox.msnw
to see the truck and the progress....
If the link doesnt work, Copy/Paste in adress field......

Thanks

Mattias Thottmark. Sweden
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tjänare, och välkommen till gänget! Laughing

I had a look at your pickup, which parts do you need exactly, or are you just asking in general?
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm one of those would make a great 'regular driver' I think Wink

anyone know how much a goodish one would cost??

Rick
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, dont tell me thats the first Power Wagon you have seen, especially considering the amount of times I've mentioned them over the past few months! Laughing

If you like coffee that has an unpronouncable name, buy a Landy. If you like it made over a wood fire in the forest, buy a Power Wagon!
admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no no I've seen Powerwagons before, I've been reading & studying Dodges since 95 when I found mine. I was just taken with the shape of it in the photos (link in the first post), plus a recent military vehicle mag that a friend has features one just like that on the cover. Usually militarised trucks don't really appeal but the Powerwagon shown above would definitely be a possible one day

R
smokey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all !

The idea with the truck is to make it to a daily driver. I think I will put in a Cummins 4BT diesel engine,power steering and a good heater( along with alot of other modifications..).

At the moment Ive just finished restoring the winch (bearings, sealings, rust protection and paint). The cab and fenders are back from sandblasting so I have started to weld alot of rust....(have to build a new floor a.s.o.)
I will start to build a new cargo bed within a couple of weeks.

The parts I look for at the moment is front and rear springs (front is the same as WC51-52). Rear is diffrent from WC. Also need shock absorbers (not the same as WC) and windshield frame (similar to WC53-54)

I also look for a NP-420 gearbox,used in the later models of Dodge P.W.

Anyone who knows a company that sells dodge parts for older trucks?

//Regards from Mattias
smokey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Rick (Admin) Reply with quote

Hi Rick.

Go to: http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/classifieds/classifieds.html
To see what the prices are "over there".

I paid 300 Sek (approx. 30 Euro......) for the car. I was ready to bid 1500 Euro!. The car hasn´t been used for 25-30 years but the engine runs with good oil pressure and everything works. The previus owner put in one liter of oil thru the sparkplug holes and covered the engine before leaving it in the woods so the car is in good mechanical condition and a couple of days with the welder and I think the rust is taken care of.....

// Mattias
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokey: I suppose you have asked Terräng Axel for the parts? He usually has what you need. Otherwise, I know a guy in Kvillsfors that can help. Trouble with him is, if he finds out that you are not restoring it to original, you wont get the parts!

Rick: I suppose that you know this, but the PW is the military truck released onto the civilian market. Which is why its so good!
smokey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Uncle Joe? Reply with quote

Uncle Joe, Is it possible that you can give me the name and telephone number (or mailadress) to the guy in Kvillsfors that can help me?.

I think Terrängaxel is in Thailand now for the winter.

Please visit: http://groups.msn.com/Fargopowerwagonrestoring/shoebox.msnw
to see the truck and the progress....
If the link doesnt work, Copy/Paste in adress field......

// Mattias in Åre.Sweden
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get back to you on this one. I know that the guy is out of the country just now, and then he's going to start up a new place in Vetlanda. i'll give you the new number/address as soon as I have it.

Whereabouts are you situated?
smokey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live and work in Åre.Jamtland.
And you ?

// Mattias
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smokey, I'm in deepest Skåne! And on Christmas eve, Skåne was in me... the others wont understand that comment! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: