classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Boxing day Show? Jolly Thresher
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I forgot...never thought that I would see a 'Radio Sugga' on english roads! Very Happy
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that military Volvo is great, there used to be one parked in a side street not far from where my folks live in Cheadle (perhaps 15-20 years ago), I sometimes wonder where that one ended up

Rick
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just think, pulling all that weight, a 90 horsepower 6 cylinder... what a performance package!
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen a dynamo as large as the one fitted to it, wish I'd photo'd it now Rolling Eyes

Rick
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, Volvo did a light commercial version as well, probably right up your street.
redfordmk2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Jolly Thresher Reply with quote

Uncle Joe

There were two Mkll Zodiacs at the Jolly Thresher on Boxing Day. I own the maroon/grey one, but I think you mean the yellow/white one. The owner is a friend of mine, so let me know and I'll get in touch with him.
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi redfordMk2

Welcome along - do you have any history of your car? be nice to read about it and you in the Introductions thread, if you get a minute (nudge nudge Very Happy )

cheers
Rick
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redford, it is yours that I mean. If it was my old one - I would have to see if I have any old photos showing the registration to be absolutely sure - I've never seen it since the early '70's!
redfordmk2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Introduction posted.

I don't think my Zodiac will be your old one Uncle Joe. See intro post
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look at the intro post and agree, it couldn't have been my old one. Its just looks identical...pity though.

If it had been, I did realise that I could have identified it without the reg. number, as I remembered that to stop it overheating, I fitted an export fan. I assume that if my old car still exists, it will still have that!

Does your club always meet at the Thresher?

UJ
redfordmk2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we don't meet regularly at the Thresher. This is just a one off bash on Boxing Day for the steam boys. We just tag along in our classics.

Our club meets regularly at the Penketh and Sankey Sports and social club, Warrington Road in Penketh, Warrington at 8.00 pm on the second Tuesday of each month. Everyone with an interest in any kind of classic is welcome.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where that is, so if I'm ever over on the correct day, expect to see me! Smile

UJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: