classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

fan belt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: fan belt Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone know the length of the fan belt for a E83W, I may get a non specific one for now? I will measur it if no one knows!

Cheers

Dave
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Ford publication Servicing and Repair Data (July 1949), it measures 0.45" width and 38.24" length (doesn't specify inside and outside circumference). Remember they are chunkier section than the belts on more modern classics, but a modern one would do for starters if you can get one to fit. Theres a slight chance that later, 50s, vans and pickups have a different size of dynamo pulley, but it should be close enough for testing

As there is no water pump on the E93A engine, you won't do any harm by firing your engine up without a belt, to test the engine briefly, so long as the rad and hoses are plumbed in as normal (cooling is by thermo-syphon)

Rick
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Good point, I was going to try and get a belt from one of the agricultural places I know, bound to have something suitable!

I think I will try to test it without, just connect the radiator up, may nees to buy some hosing though! How does the hosing attach to the engine, as there seems to be no barb?

Cheers

Dave
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Does the hose just push over the cast, and jubilee up?

Cheers

Dave
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah top hose just pushes down on to the cylinder cover ('head'), and the bottom hose onto the bottom outlet - there is no lip on either

RJ
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I will have a play tomorow, and maybe get some black rubber hose and ss clips next week, from a friend in whitchurch.

I am going to reasemble the rear hubs/brakes tomorow, maybe look at the preload on the front and then clean the linkages up, ready for setting up. If I get time I will try to assemble some more of the engine ready for testing! steering is next!

Cheers

Dave
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to take some piccies!!!

R
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Good point, when you get going you do kind of forget photos, but will make a special effort to remember!

Do the electrics run down the chassis channel? If so I may split some hose to protect it.

Cheers

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: