classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Any Triumph Herald lovers out there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Any Triumph Herald lovers out there? Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-000-RESTORED-TRIUMPH-VITESSE_W0QQitemZ230074302768QQihZ013QQcategoryZ29760QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
UKdave2002

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, my dad had one in the 70’s,bizarrely my lasting memory of the Herald is that they were fitted with a reserve petrol tank! Why do I remember this? Well as young kids me and my brother would always collect Esso promotional football coins; the World Cup, FA Centenary etc, if a promotion was on dad was not allowed to get his fuel from anywhere but Esso! Not a problem when we were local but many a time the reserve tank was used as we searched for an Esso station away from home!
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this one is the Vitesse model but it's still a Herald to me.
Looks like the owner has done a very thorough job in restoring it, what a shame he didn't get to complete it.
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it'd make a really beauty doesn't it! wouldn't mind a 2.0 Vitesse - a Spitty I had years back had the larger 2.5 in it, and the sound was wonderful Cool , probably a deeper exhaust note than the 2.0 though

This one still hasn't met its reserve...wonder how high it'll go?

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: