classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Long shot but worth a go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Long shot but worth a go! Reply with quote

Hi

On the brake drum slave cylinder, there are two pistons hel in place with cotter pins. If you remove these pistons, there is a slot in the end with a roller, these slots are on an angle as is the fitting on the end of the cable that controlls them. Do theses to angles go opposite ways, contridict each other (is that the right word) or do the angles both go the same way?

Very hard to explain, but have no pictures, the manual and the parts book doesn't help either, but have got to get it right as the shoes won't move to the right extent other wise!

Cheers

Dave Confused
rustyreks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: position of the pistons Reply with quote

I have a ford 8 and 10 manual which has a picture of the brake set up lthe shortest side of the piston on both top and bottom is facing the front of the brake drum sitting on the rollers the longest side on both pistons is facing the rear of the brake drum doesnt engage with the rollers at all hope that helps photo would have been easier only new not sure how to do that rustyreks.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply from rustyreks and he also sent me the following picture, which I found very helpful, and said I would put it up here.

Cheers

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: