classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1937 Cheltenham Vintage Caravan on Ebay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
cornish_lass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: 1937 Cheltenham Vintage Caravan on Ebay Reply with quote

Oooooh, if only I had the time, the space, the money, good health........ et al, Shocked Rolling Eyes Shocked

On sale on Ebay at the moment a 1937 Cheltenham Vintage Caravan.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250073794698&fromMakeTrack=true

Yes I know it will take a lot of work, blood, sweat and tears (especially the blood with my skills Embarassed ) but hey, look at that bodywork, and the interior, they don't build interiors like that anymore Cool Cool Cool I WANT IT

Cornish Lass
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I must say not really being in to caravans, that that is quite apealing but am in no postion to get it!

Cheers

Dave
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah definitely one worth saving!! sadly I haven't got anywhere dry to put it otherwise I'd turn on the charm with the boss Shocked Laughing

Rick
Barry Lord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the look of this caravan. I know of a not dissimilar one close to where I live in Shropshire. I hope someone is able to save it and enjoy it . . .

Barry
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barry

do you have any photos to hand of your collection??

you don't have an old 'van parked outside on a bit of a layby do you? theres one not far from here (I'm on Ches/Shrops border), painted beige and brown if memory serves

Rick
Barry Lord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick,

I've been trying to upload photographs I've taken of various caravans recently, but haven't quite got the knack yet. I'll keep trying!!

I think I know the caravan you mean parked in the layby on theShropshire/Cheshire border. If I remember correctly, it's in a village called Welshampton near Ellesmere. I had a 1948 Berkley caravan which I bought a few years' ago, having seen it for sale in the same layby. The caravan - in good condition but very uncomfortable to sleep in - first belonged to the ventriloquist, Albert Saveen, who used it whilst touring with his dummy, Daisy May. I don't remember Saveen, but my mother and grandmother do. I sold the caravan - in good condition, but not the most comfortable to sleep in - in the summer of last year.

There's always a good display of classic caravans at the vintage vehicle rally at Weston Park in Staffordshire, held each Easter weekend. These belong mainly to members of the Period & Classic Caravan Club and another, smaller group, called, I think, The Yesteryear Caravan Club.

Barry.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yeah, I slow down and look at the van in welshampton everytime I go past it!

Cheers

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: