classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

K8 austin dropside
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
kingy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: K8 austin dropside Reply with quote

Hi All,
kingy here, just joined and own a k8 dropside which is in great condition eccept for having the head taken off at some. cabin is 99% rust free so it's a good start to say the least, unsure at the moment if it will be repowered as original or up dated.Will send photos as soon as
can work out how to.
Also have two vintage caravans,one restored the other in the process,and a 1964 holden EH as a towcar
Cheers kingy
Scotty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Wink

Even though I'm a relative newcomer myself, I'm sure I speak for everybody here when I say we're looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing about your Austin.
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kingy

Welcome aboard - I've not forgotten about your email, and the other K8 featured on the site. My emails aren't the best organised, so it'll take some digging but I'll have a look for their details

cheers
Rick

PS try uploading images to photobucket or imageshack, that seems to work from what I hear Very Happy
kingy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Here's the photos of my k8 dropside,vans & 1964 EH holden that i use for towing.The finished van has been on the road since October and was built in the early sixties,the yet unrestored van is from the mid fifties and is a good restorer.
Maybe one day the austin will become a towcar, it's future is uncertain at the moment
Cheers kingy---hope the photos work ok

admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kingy

coool photographs, thanks for putting them up! be worth putting a new thread in the classic caravans forum too, just in case the caravanfans don't see this thread!

The K8 looks nice, always fancied having one of them after seeing one at a Donington truck show a while back Cool

Rick
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coincidentally, yesterday I received a couple of photos of old vans, one of which shows a smart Pink Paraffin K8 delivery van, along with a Series Z and Series Y van for good company, see:

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/morris10cwtvan.htm

Rick
Cool
kingy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: K8 austin dropside Reply with quote

Thanks for that pink pariffin piece Rick, seems the K8's are quite rare in the UK. Makes me wonder how rare they are down here in Aust.
kingy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: