classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Least interesting 'classics'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Least interesting 'classics' Reply with quote

ok we talk a lot about what we like, but what types of 'classic' vehicle are you not that interested in? ie what vehicles would you not pay to go and view, if they were the only thing on display? I'm guessing we all have different likes and dislikes!!!

In no particular order for me:

- fire engines, for some reason they just don't do much for me
- military vehicles, at least those designed specifically for the military
- ambulances, again all but the very early ones don't interest me too much
- most cars from the 70s and 80s*

(*although I wouldn't mind owning a Dolomite Sprint, Saab 99 turbo, certain US musclecars, and some of the early XJ Jags, but for the most part this era doesn't interest me much)

What do you not get too excited about?

Rick
Scotty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could you find something like this not interesting Wink -

For me I'm afraid motorcycles leave me cold - and here comes the classic, which I fully accept is an uniformed view - they all look the same to me. (Sorry biker guys.)
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe well there's always an exception to every rule! Wink its the squarer stuff from the 60s onwards that doesn't float my boat much

Rick
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, thats an interesting question you are posing there.

After giving it some thought, I came up with the fact that if I could find some use for it, then there is nothing that I wouldn't like, unless I thought that the appearance was to modern, ie newer Fire Engines, Ambulances or HGV's.

The one classic that I would definately avoid though would be one that is overpriced due to being owned by someone famous.

UJ
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe or one that has supposedly appeared on Heartbeat!!!! seems most classics have been on there at some time, if you believe the adverts Rolling Eyes

Rick
alfanut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also thought hard to find an answer, but then suddenly it struck me. All of the cars I find boring have plastic dashboards and have been designed by accountants rather than engineers and artists. Fortunately most of them are too new to be thought of as classics, but worryingly some are now well over thirty years old and might just slip in under the radar as a result. Step forward the Hillman Avenger as a prime example. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: