classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Brit cars in Canada - and other postcards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Brit cars in Canada - and other postcards Reply with quote

UJ's post reminded me about this postcard, it was photographed in the 50s at Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. I was surprised how many British cars were in evidence, including no less than 3 Austin Devons (cars number 2,3,4), plus another Austin, maybe an A40/A50 on the extreme RHS (car 1), and a Vanguard on the left. I wonder what the mix of cars would be if the same photo was taken now? no Brit cars I bet Confused

Rick

Last edited by admin on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love pictures like this!

By the way there are still plenty old British cars left in Canada, some abandoned for years and others still running.
Follow this link to see more Canadian pics ... but don't forget to come back now Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sherlock77/sets/129862/
admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres another nice one, this time in Ireland

admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuvver overseas one, this one showing some Brit motors in Hong Kong - whats the car going away from the camera on the LHS, alongside the lorry? late Vanguard perhaps????? a couple of Mk2 Fords also feature

R

Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first glance, I thought that the car was an early Hillman Minx, or possibly a Rapier, but I'm not sure as usual!

UJ
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go for a Hillman too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: