classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Viking fibreline fridge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
finandarch

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Viking fibreline fridge Reply with quote

We are getting on quite well with our viking fibreline refurbishment. However we have now started to look at the fridge - we can see the pipes for the gas and also a vent but can not see any electrical bits and pieces. Could it be just gas? we don't know how old the caravan is but it looks like the fridge has been there all it's life!
Can abyone help??

http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z453/finandarch/?action=view&current=fridge3-1.jpg
http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z453/finandarch/?action=view&current=fridge2.jpg
http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z453/finandarch/?action=view&current=christmas2010028.jpg
captinbash

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, It looks the same as the one that was in my first Viking and that was gas only, with the same three controls, the main one the thermostat then the button you have to push and hold to light and then the knurled knob that you spin to strike the flint. Are there any controls inside the fridge?[/quote]
Knowsley

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some years ago I remember buying the equipment to convert a gas fridge into one that also ran on 240 volts. Having an old fridge myself I have tried to search the internet for a company still making these parts but atlas my search has been unsuccessful. Can anybody help to shread a light, failing that I guess a new fridge, but my model is an old RAM10 and quite small compared to modern all singing and whistling vans new vans

David
alan 869

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RAM10 is an Electrolux. I´ve had quite a few over the years. Think I have the instructions for it (in Swedish Rolling Eyes ) These old ones are very robust. If they stop working they usually need a service at a reputable fridge service shop. Usually need regas etc. Most people have chucked them when they give up. Just need servicing....
Knowsley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my instruction manual in english!

Another problem with these models is that the gas seperates in the cooling unit so the fridge does not cool. Many people think the fridge is on it's way out and buy a new one. The simple remedy is to take the fridge out of the unit and leave it turned up side down for 24 hours and then re-install, ignite and working again. Just remember to clean the flue at the same time

David
alan 869

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the up side down trick usually works (not always though). I´ve got an Electrolux from the begining of the 50s (meant to be fitted in a kitchen cabinette). The surface of the front of the fridge where the door closes against it is an all wood frame Smile It works perfectly Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: