classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Lloyd 650-Info on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Samantha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Lloyd 650-Info on Reply with quote

Does anyone have any info on a very rare British car called a Lloyd 650 made between 1946-1951? I have trawled the net but can only find limited information. I have a very old and tatty owners handbook for this car.
Sam
admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Lloyd Reply with quote

is this the type of Lloyd that is covers???

http://www.classic-wheels.co.uk/old_lloyd_red_roadster.htm

If its the saloon type however, you can advertise it on the classifieds section at oldclassiccar f.o.c. :

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/freeads/lloyd_alexander_saloon.htm

cheers

Rick
Samantha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply. I don't think it is that car. Your link states the roadster was made in Germany. The Lloyd 650 was built in Grimsby UK and as far as I am aware there was only around 400 ever made. I know there was a German car called Lloyd but it is not the same one.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a difficult one, but... The car that you are referring to, if memory serves, was a front wheel drive, 4 seater "GT" with a twin cylinder, two stroke engine. It was manufactured beteen 1946 and 1952. Price in 1946 was £375, excluding taxes. It was manufactured in East Grimsby, Lincolnshire. To the best of my knowledge, there are only 10 examples that are known to have survived. If you have one, then there may be 11! I have some information about the company history, plus their other model, if you are interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: