classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

New Classic Car Restoration Programme On TV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: New Classic Car Restoration Programme On TV Reply with quote

From next week Thursday February 7th on The National Geographic Channel is a new classic car restoration programme called "Car SOS".

It is being presented by Sheffield TV and Radio Tim Shaw,quoted as having a long time interest in all things engineering.

Let us hope this attempt at showing the public the restoration of classic cars does not give the following impression...

(1) Vast sums can be made from half heartedly restoring that deceased relatives car sitting in a damp old garage.
(2) Shouting,lack of respect to fellow workers and temper trantrums is the norm in most workshops.
(3) Very tight burning the midnight oil deadlines are always the case.
(4) Very hard to find or rare spares are just a phone call away or are lurking behind that heap of cardboard in the rear of the workshop.
(5) British cars are rust free.
(6) Finished values are way too optimistic.
(7) We are portrayed as pipe smoking, cardigan wearing, living at home with mum types,who cannot form relationships,so hide in our sheds or garages.
(7a) We are not portayed as tyre burning morons.

The jury is out on this one until the first show is broadcast.

Gresham Flyer Very Happy
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't got Nat Geo here but look forward to hearing about it Smile

R
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Roger-hatchy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be of interest.

Sounds like it might be a good program.

http://club.triumph.org.uk/cgi-bin/forum10/Blah.pl/Blah.pl?m-1359128563/s-new/

Not that I use pay per view, TV goes on for about an hour for the evening news, and that's getting gimmicky as well.

Roger
clan chieftain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Gresham Flyer on this one. I hope it is interesting. At least its British cars. These restoration programmes make it look easy as they usually have all the equipment whereas people like myself have to rely on others to do any welding or painting so it becomes more expensive. But I am looking forward to it.
I enjoy watching Wrecks to Riches but he has all the gear.
There is a programme on BBC2 tonight called Genius of Invention and it is focusing on the Steam Locomotive and internal combustion and jet engines. Should be good. It is on at 9pm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: