classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Morris 8 4 seat tourer rear seat pattern
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
kimchris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Morris 8 4 seat tourer rear seat pattern Reply with quote

Anyone got a pattern or template for the rear seat and back rest of a 4 seater tourer (series 1). Also could do with a pattern for the rear panel cards.

thanks

Andrew
goneps

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help with templates, I'm afraid, but could post photographs if it would help.

The backrest in my Tourer, although re-covered 35 years ago, still has the original horse-hair padding, so is probably as close as you'll get to an original form. Most of the reupholstered ones I've seen have foam padding that's too thick, which causes problems with the fit with the seat base. Apart from looking completely wrong they usually end up much too upright, which would be very uncomfortable for rear seat passengers.

As regards the seat base, you may be aware that originally it was a pneumatic cushion. It's very unlikely that any have survived without perishing beyond redemption. Most, like mine, will have been replaced by a single piece of shaped foam.

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: