classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

low cost paints?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Bodywork & Paint Restoration
bezford

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: low cost paints? Reply with quote

Hi...i still have to paint my pug 206 rear quarter...as mentioned on previous posts...but the costs of paint is shocking these days but ive found some cheaper alternatives at our local B&M or is it B&N the general budget store that sells just about everything...anyway...ive found that they sell some car painting neccessities such as...primer.hi build primer and some clear laquer..all in 400ml rattle cans and priced around £3.50-£4.00 each and i would like to know if anyone has any experience using these cheaper paints and would these be ok for my cars painting of the drivers rear quarter stripped back to metal filled and to paint???
Now i have used these paints myself with satisfactory results that would have been better if id had more colour coat(which they do not sell)so are these paints going to spoul my silver paint job on my pug206???advice please....
JohnDale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, you can guarantee the colour will be different to the rest of your car, even if you get a supposed colour match from the likes of Halfords. Rattle cans are mostly thinners with very little paint unless you buy from a professional auto paint supplier. Pro supplied cans also have a better nozzle so it works more like a spray gun than a single jet. I'm afraid cheap paint is just that - depends on the quality of job you want. The colour of your car now will be far different to it's original so even using the paint code to get the same paint will be a mis-match, especially on silver,cheers,JD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Bodywork & Paint Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: