classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

What colour / what paint?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
kevin2306

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: What colour / what paint? Reply with quote

So, on my '65 singer vogue, what colour is the cream used on the wheels? Im thinking of either getting a small hvlp gun and spraying them or getting a brush on enamel? Fancy the spraying to be honest as its a skill id like to develop and i am pretty good with the old rattle cans. Got a great compressor and oil/water trap so half way there!
Rims will be blasted first.

Kev
AussieGeoff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: PAINTNSTUFF Reply with quote

Hi Kev, take the best looking wheel to your Paint Supplier, ask to match in Acrylic Lacquer, buy also some clear, + thinner, for thinning and washing your gun, I'd get a cheap airbrush, or touchup gun off the net. (ebay) a good one ? 300 pound up. This is For Wheels Only. … strip paint, … phosphoric conditioner wipe/spray on when dry(from paint supplier, gloves) … primer 3or4 thin coats, let dry, up to a week. … 600grit paper carefully used to remove any little lumps. … Colour, 4 thin coats, repeat, 660grit if needed, and apply 2 more coats of colour, … if smooth apply 2 coats of clear. Job Done, ………………hope this helps!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: