classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Substitute wheels for Morris 8 E series
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
MattF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdave2002 wrote:
MattF wrote:
Hey, sorry about stuffing up the wheel size. Surely you could find some 17x5" radials? its only half an inch wider and as I said in my last post th guys in our club who run radials love how they run.
GONEPS! Another M8TC member!?

Plenty of tyres designed to be space saver's available in that size. trouble is you would be limited to 80 MPH Wink

Dave

Would 80KPH limit be so bad? I didnt think SE's went over about 65? or is it just there oweners are wimps? Wink
My S1 will do 80K (54MPH is my max speed ever on the clock) and thats after getting the oil nice and hot with about 25mins of driving over 70k Wink

Goneps, Im in CHCH, was good meeting some of the guys from Auckland MR at the xmas rally.What kept you at home? Will pm you...
goneps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have now spoken to a local member who's running Bridgestone radials on his 1935 Eight Two-Seater (export model with 16" wheels, obviously). Size is 175/80 x 16 and he's very happy with them. These are proper full-service tyres, not space-savers.

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: