classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

interesting meeting last sunday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
consul 57

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 10:06 am    Post subject: interesting meeting last sunday Reply with quote

took the motor to the frome car boot, craft fair & classic car meet yesterday.
when you have an old car you do get a lot of people saying they had one or they still have one locked away in a shed or sometimes they even have spares they want to get rid of but yesterday we had a chap with a much more interesting story.
he saw the consul and knew exactly what it was, he then told us his dad was the recovery chap who towed in the consul that eddie cochran had his crash in, his name was mr pugh who ran pughs garage in chippenham.
although yesterdays visitor was like ourselves too young, being only born in 1961, to remember the events he did remember his dad telling us him about chasing away groups of teds from the garage yard as they were trying to remove wing mirrors and other trim from the car before it was scrapped.
his dad did not know who eddie, gene and sharon were being older so could not see what all the fuss was about as he had not heard of them before.
his auntie may still have a part of the car as his uncle also worked at the garage and being younger was also a ted, she may still have the part.
one other spooky thing that did not occur to me yesterday as i did not find out the visitors name until he emailed me some pics was that my consuls 1st owner in 57 was also a mr pugh! but from essex.
how spooky.
being a rocker it was a classic car meeting i shall remember for a long time.
peter scott

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story!

Peter Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: