classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

38mm ID hose
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
Minxy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: 38mm ID hose Reply with quote

Good day all.
I am in the process of getting parts together to put the cooling system back together on the Lanchester. I am fitting a heater where a heater has never been, this means altering the bottom hose to incorporate a metal tube with heater hose take off.The bottom hose that was on the car was a, to long, flexible affair so I cannot, and do not want to, re-use this. All this is leading to me wanting to know what cars-any cars, use 38mm ID hoses so I can try to identify a shape that might work for my application.

Thanking you in advance.

P.S. You can't buy hoses for Lancasters before anyone points to the owners club.
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make 38mm to be 1.5", which sounds like a common size. I'll try to remember to measure mine tomorrow, you could also try contacting someone like Classic Silicon Hoses - they remanufacture various hoses and might have some documentation that lists them by i/d.

http://www.classicsiliconehoses.com/our-products/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: