classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Collectors Car Parts-update
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
Sid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Collectors Car Parts-update Reply with quote

I thought I'd start a new thread relating to this http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19759 so that it might be more noticeable.
I went to the premises of Practical Classic Garage which was apparently owned by the same person who owned Collectors Car Parts, and spoke to some people in the same complex (it's a typical farm-converted-into-several workshops type place). Now I don't know how accurate this info is, I'm only saying what I've been told. Apparently he's gone bankrupt and all his assets have been seized. What happens to all the stock is anyone's guess, presumably it'll be sold off in job lots, at least that's the popular opinion. The garage itself is no longer there, according to one bloke it hasn't been for a number of years. So there you have it, his lifes work has gone down the pan and the poor bloke must be gutted.
Regards
Sid
Rootes75

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is such a shame, the stock in that place was vast and Howard was a top gent.
1947 Hillman Minx
1955 Hillman Minx Mk8
1950 Commer R541
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rootes75 wrote:
It is such a shame, the stock in that place was vast and Howard was a top gent.

That's probably the problem; the overhead of keeping lots of slow moving stock is not commercially viable these days Sad

Dave
Rootes75

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right Dave, huge amount of stock, slow turnover and probably not a lot of profit per part?
1947 Hillman Minx
1955 Hillman Minx Mk8
1950 Commer R541
Rootes75

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a free copy of CMM today at an autojumble, its the Feb issue. There is a large Collectors Car Parts advert? I presume they pre-paid advertising and haven't informed the paper they are out of business?
1947 Hillman Minx
1955 Hillman Minx Mk8
1950 Commer R541
Sid

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on Howard and his classic car spares..........

Today I managed to track Howard down. I knew he lives in the next town to me and so I went around asking random people if they knew anything about him. I managed to get his phone number and have just finished talking to him. At the moment he is in lockdown, and so are all his spares. Yes, I said ALL his spares, he's still got his stock.
He was quite happy for me to give out his number, but as I say he is in lockdown and doesn't have access to his stock just yet. So you may want to give him a couple of weeks until non-urgent businesses are allowed to open.
Rootes75

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is he still trading or is he looking to sell off job lots etc?
1947 Hillman Minx
1955 Hillman Minx Mk8
1950 Commer R541
Sid

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's still trading, he's got all his stock scattered around the local area. Apparently he had a barney with the landlord of his last place, the trading estate in Thorpe, but won a court case against him. He had to vacate the premises which is why all the stock was crated up as I reported in the linked post.
He was a bit surprised that I had managed to track him down, so I don't know if he relies on his old customer base or what. I made a point of asking him if he was happy for me to give out his phone number, and he was fine with that. And I've just noticed I didn't put it in my original post.
It is 07591945359
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: