classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

What did you do to your car today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
alastairq

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a policy with Autoaid.

As a result of being a dilatory fool, I allowed it to auto renew.
It's now over 80 quid, a lot on a limited pension...Plus, I haven't used it in years now.
I also noted that they had inserted an age limit on vehicles they attend, so I emailed them demanding cessation of my newly acquired policy, because I have either no intention of, or being able to afford to, obtain a much newer vehicle!
So their policy no longer fulfilled my needs, through no fault of mine!
I had always had the same, now 21 year old, vehicle .
I have now received an email informing me that my policy now has an add-on clause allowing me to have cover on ''any age of vehicle''....
I think I still have to find ?25 to pay the driver if I ever break down...in my old Suzuki GV....which I never used to have to do.

What peaves me more is that, on doing a bit of research, I find that the Autoaid sister operation do the vehicle-specific recovery section
Used to be all one, with a choice of vehicle, or policyholder, having the cover.
For my vehicle {age irrelevant } it would cost me under ?30 for recovery cover.....

I am considering whether to suck up the ?15 admin charge to cancel my policy, and take our their vehicle-specific cover instead?

I had policyholder cover originally because I had more than two daily drivers.....each used for a brief spell of time, so I had personal cover instead.

In fact, over the years, I have recovered more vehicles for friends & neighbours than have needed it myself...

Also, I am not afraid of getting my hands dirty & oily, but nowadays struggle to stand up from the kneeling or laying down position...
----------------------------------------------
Ford Pop chassis, Ashley 1172 bodyshell, in pieces.
alastairq

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a policy with Autoaid.

What peaves me more is that, on doing a bit of research, I find that the Autoaid sister operation do the vehicle-specific recovery section
Used to be all one, with a choice of vehicle, or policyholder, having the cover.
For my vehicle {age irrelevant } it would cost me under ?30 for recovery cover.....

I am considering whether to suck up the ?15 admin charge to cancel my policy, and take our their vehicle-specific cover instead?

I had policyholder cover originally because I had more than two daily drivers.....each used for a brief spell of time, so I had personal cover instead.

In fact, over the years, I have recovered more vehicles for friends & neighbours than have needed it myself...

Also, I am not afraid of getting my hands dirty & oily, but nowadays struggle to stand up from the kneeling or laying down position...
alastairq

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a result of being a dilatory fool, I allowed it to auto renew.
It's now over 80 quid, a lot on a limited pension...Plus, I haven't used it in years now.
I also noted that they had inserted an age limit on vehicles they attend, so I emailed them demanding cessation of my newly acquired policy, because I have either no intention of, or being able to afford to, obtain a much newer vehicle!
So their policy no longer fulfilled my needs, through no fault of mine!
I had always had the same, now 21 year old, vehicle .
I have now received an email informing me that my policy now has an add-on clause allowing me to have cover on ''any age of vehicle''....
I think I still have to find ?25 to pay the driver if I ever break down...in my old Suzuki GV....which I never used to have to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121
Page 121 of 121

Jump to: