classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Abandoned caravan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Abandoned caravan Reply with quote

We spotted this last year while driving around the lanes, anyone have an idea of what make it is ? or could it be a home made job perhaps??

Rick
Barry Lord

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of the kind of caravan in your picture. Where was it? My friend and I have managed to locate quite a number of abandoned caravans from the forties and fifties in the Shropshire hills where we live, some of which are in retrievable condition.
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barry

The one in the photo was in Cheshire, I'm near Shropshire border - be interested to hear about your caravan 'finds' Very Happy

Rick
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry - made any more interesting finds of late? be interesting to see any pics you have Very Happy Very Happy

Rick
Barry Lord

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick,

I think I need to get busy with my camera. I've discovered quite a few abandoned or decaying caravans whilst driving around Shropshire lately, to include what would have been a very beautiful 1950's Freeman (largely ruined but pale green perspex kitchen still intact), a 1950's Eccles, a Paladin and a Bluebird. A late 1950's/early 1960's Holgate caravan in a garden in Craven Arms, still restorable, has recently disappeared. . .

My friend and I came across a Pilot caravan, which in its day would have been amazing - four separate rooms, to include a bathroom with 'slide away' bath - still reasonably intact.

Driving between Clee Hill and Bridgnorth, there are five caravans from the fifties in gardens, farmyards and fields within probably no more than three miles of one another.

And lastly, there is the house just outside Coalport near Telford with the 1930's Cheltenham (with lantern roof) rotting slowly away in the garden.

Barry.
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barry

Sounds like quite a few good finds there, some work with the camera sounds essential, if only to record them before they disintegrate or get the chop at some point in future!!!

cheers
Rick
cornish_lass

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barry,

I read your post with interest. The 1930's Cheltenham, can you possibly tell me some more about it.... what condition it is in, do you think that the owner will part with it etc. I need to purchase some internal parts for my van and would be interested in knowing if there is anything worth salvaging from the inside of this one, or if it isn't too bad, maybe it would be worth seeing if it could be purchased whole as a resto project. If you could possibly send me (in a pm) the address where it is kept, I shouldn't mind contacting the owner. Also to reiterate Rick's point, a photo would be good if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks in anticipation and kind regards.

Cornish Lass
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: