classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Ignition warning light wiring
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
Ray White

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject: Ignition warning light wiring Reply with quote

My dynamater is positive earth and came supplied with a relay. Why I need a relay I don't know but I have fitted it in accordance with the wiring diagram anyway.

I also need to wire in an ignition warning light. The diagram shows this warning light connected in between terminal 87 of the relay and the small terminal on the dynamater. (yellow).
I presume one wire goes to one side of the light and the other wire goes to the other side??

The ignition switch (white) is connected to 85 on the relay

No.s 30 and 86 are both earthed.

There is a white cable between the ignition switch and the warning light.

What I don't know is WHICH SIDE of the light does it go???

,,,,to the relay side or to the dynamater side??

,,,, and why?

I did wonder if there still needs to be a wire from the ignition switch to the lamp if the current is being delivered via the relay?

I have decided to remove the "spare" wire from the ignition switch to the warning light and see what happens.

I just worry that the relay may not allow enough juice through.

Ray.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: