classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

morris 8 pre series wheel rim ... 16 inch to 19 inch is it ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Baxter M8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:49 am    Post subject: morris 8 pre series wheel rim ... 16 inch to 19 inch is it ? Reply with quote

possible...
Hi
I love the look of the 4.00x 19 Blockley cross ply , but i have 16 inch rims .... is their anywhere i can get 19 inch rims that will work ... i live-in new zealand ....
thanks in advance

james
bjacko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject: Morris 8 wheels Reply with quote

The 16" wheels are the standard export size. the UK cars had 17".
Highly unlikely 19" would fit.
Crashbox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll be Dunlop Magna wire wheels. The 19in versions were fitted to the 1928-1934 Morris Minor between Sept.1931 (1932 Model Year) and August 1933 (the end of the 1933 Model Year). From Sept.1933, (1934 model), the Minor was equipped with 18in Dunlop Magnas until the end of production the following summer, to be replaced by the Morris Eight. I believe they'll fit the Eight hubs, but don't quote me on that. Whether or not the 19in wheels and tyres will fit inside the wings is another matter entirely.

1932 Morris Minor S.V. Two-Seater
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: