classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Me and computer things again!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Ray White

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject: Me and computer things again!!!!! Reply with quote

As you all know I am absolutely jinxed when it comes to anything technical. Things always go wrong in my hands. It has got so bad my wife won't let me drive her new car! (Can't say I blame her!!)

ANYWAY... the thing is, I tried to copy and paste a photo (from my computer photos) onto the desktop. I then intended to use postimage to paste it on this forum.

(I can't use the normal attachment method because I must have done something a while ago that has caused all my photos to be muddled up date wise when I try that system. They are in date order normally but that is no help to me when I want to select a file/photp for the forum.)

ANYWAY... When I attempted to copy and paste the photo onto the desk top (of my Apple Mac) it ended up being pasted - full size - underneath the page with all the bookmark/favourites on and I don't know how to remove it.

Does anyone know how to untangle this problem please?

P.S. I have tried shutting down and restarting but it's still there.!!
peter scott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world of Apple is just too obscure for us simple minded PC users. Any time I ever tried to do anything slightly unusual in that world I just gave up.

Peter Shocked
Ray White

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter scott wrote:
The world of Apple is just too obscure for us simple minded PC users. Any time I ever tried to do anything slightly unusual in that world I just gave up.

Peter Shocked

This is true. I should have stood up to my wife when she insisted Apple was best. Not wishing to be over critical but she tends to think the more something costs the better it is. Shocked
Ray White

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem sorted.

Fortunately, my wife Jean (who is a very clever girl ) has come to my rescue. She identified the tool required to alter the 'Safari' background image and deleted it.

PHEW!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: