classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

wrong parts fitted to rear brake set up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
consul 57

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:01 pm    Post subject: wrong parts fitted to rear brake set up Reply with quote

as i have a highline consul with a leaking back axle i decided to swop it for a good one that does not leak and then repair the orginal one at my leisure, things were going quite well until i saw the brake cylinders, a bit grotty but with a service kit worth doing, then i noticed that one of them is a disc brake model so not a pair, so in it's distant past someone fitted the wrong cylinder, luckily my mate steve has a good pair, so we rebuild the brakes on sunday. as i changed the springs recenlty all the nuts & bolts came away quite easily thanks god, the rhs brakes shoes were completly covered in oil & grease so no wonder the hand brake was not very good!
should stop much better once done.😁
i got all the inner seals but i now need to make the special tool to get them in the old axle.
a job for another day i think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: