classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Diesel cheaper that Petrol?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:42 am    Post subject: Diesel cheaper that Petrol? Reply with quote

I filled up the modern yesterday with diesel, it was £1.32 per litre, I noticed that standard unleaded was 4p more per litre.

It’s a long time since I have seen diesel cheaper than petrol?

Dave
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did happen for a day or two round here, last time I looked it was 141.9 for petrol or diesel. I guess it's just supply & demand, the government wants diesel cars off the road and with the latest diesels being lumbered with DPFs and adblue they're considerably less attractive than they were. I don't know if you've noticed but Royal Mail are buying vans with petrol engines these days, not too long ago you would have looked long and hard for a van with a petrol engine but I can see it making sense for local delivery work now.
Ray White

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that prices for all fuels will continue to increase as we get closer to the Government's self inflicted injury of banning the sale of new i/c cars in favour of electric.

I suppose there is always the possibility that someone will turn on the light and see what they are doing is counter productive.
peter scott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't own an EV or hybrid then try to avoid parking next to them. If you do drive an EV or hybrid then don't drive it through flooded roads.

(PDF) A Review of Battery Fires in Electric Vehicles (researchgate.net)

https://youtu.be/cMAkwsr7Yg4
https://youtu.be/Nbq_o3l_d9c

and it's not just Chinese EVs.
https://youtu.be/J0oTHsVnIIg

Peter
Ray White

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone posted on another old car forum that they overcharged their 12 volt battery. It apparently exploded and blew the garage doors right off. Luckily no one was hurt.

If a 12 volt battery can explode with force, imagine what could happen with an electric car. Shocked
Penman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray White wrote:
It apparently exploded and blew the garage doors right off. Luckily no one was hurt.

According to Michaelo Caine "They were only meant to blow the bl***y doors off" so it seems that that battery got it about right.

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
Ray White

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penman wrote:
Ray White wrote:
It apparently exploded and blew the garage doors right off. Luckily no one was hurt.

According to Michaelo Caine "They were only meant to blow the bl***y doors off" so it seems that that battery got it about right.

For years I thought they had needlessly destroyed an Aston Martin DB4 (over the cliff) in that film... but I was mistaken. It was a fake car.

The E type Jag damaged in the same scene was real, however, but was restored in the 1990s.
mikeC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Aston Martin' that they threw over the edge was actually a rusty Touring-bodied Lancia Flaminia.
Ray White

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, the same can't be said for the James Bond franchise. Can it.?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: