classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Another strange Classic motorhome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Brian M

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Another strange Classic motorhome Reply with quote

AS the Swedish motorhome has generated a bit of interest, I thought I would share another one with you all.

This is on ebay at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUSTIN-6-CWT-VAN-BLACK-GREY_W0QQitemZ200061156323QQihZ010QQcategoryZ31361QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200061156323

It looks to me as if the front wheels would come off the ground if a heavyweight like me went to the back of the caravan bit!

Asking for £15000 but no takers so far - I'm not surprised!
cornish_lass

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian

Hmmm. Not quite my cup of tea, Confused Confused Confused Just goes to show what you can do with little imagination. Like yourself, not suprised there are no takers. (Need an emoticon for being sick!!)

Have a lovely new year

Cornish Lass
Scotty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot of money for a Moggie, even one as unusual as this one. Reading how well it drives has me wondering with what looks to me almost like a weight distribution of 33 % front / 66% rear - one finger steering above 20 mph might be the order of the day.

Hope you don't mind Brian, but as you're on the look out for interesting campers, how about this one I saw in Pennsylvania a few years back - a 1955 Chevrolet Camper.

Speaking with friends who are into Chevy's in a big way they reckon this is a "home grown" conversion and I've got to say the builder got it right in my opionion - that is if you're able to accept somebody chopping up a '55 Chevy!

Scotty.
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeeeeeeek! Shocked
I've seen a lot of crazy things done to a '55 Chevy but never that! Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: