classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Skyline Nomad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Skyline Nomad Reply with quote

My Dad is restoring this old Nomad. Not sure of the vintage but guessing late 60's to early 70's. Anyone know for sure? Info and tags are missing.
So far the body has been lifted from the frame which was sand blasted and painted. New flooring was installed and the body sat back on.
The interior was completely stripped when he got it so he's looking for any original photos and info. It'll probably get an updated custom interior since they have nothing to go on.
A new door and original aluminum skin has been found to repair the damaged areas. When finished, it will only be used 3 or 4 times a year as it travels to Texas Motor Speedway for the IRL & Napcar races. Cool

I'll update the progress as more photos are sent up from Texas.
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you park close enough to the track to sit on the roof and watch the racing???

Rick
Cool
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the back of the bus to the right of the camper. That's the race bus that they take and it sleeps 6 I believe. They need more room so he's redoing the Nomad. The bus has a platform and awning on top and they used to watch the races from the infield from there.
They now park in the camping area outside the track and have reserved grandstand seats for watching the races.

Rick, did I ever e-mail you photos of the bus? If not I'll have to scan some and send them later.
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmmmm it rings a bell, we may have chatted about the bus before, but can't remember seeing pics - Wink might be a thread starter in the Classic Cars bit if you have some good pics

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: