classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Boxing day Show? Jolly Thresher
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Boxing day Show? Jolly Thresher Reply with quote

Hi

What show was it that was on, on Boxing day, the one at fidlers ferry?

I quite fancy a run out!

Cheers

dave
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't that the NW Classics do?

Rick
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

North West Classics, I will have a search on the net!

Cheers

Dave
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have just looked and it is North west casual classics, but there are no specific details of where the show is and also I can't see any contact numbers/emails on there website.

Anyone else know of any details?

Cheers

Dave
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't there a couple of members from NW Classics on here from time to time?? perhaps the guy with the Triumph Gloria-based car?

R
mercmog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Boxing day run out Reply with quote

Hi fellow enthusiasts its a blow the cobwebs away run. it's at the Jolly Thresher on the Altricham road nr Lymm at approx 10.30 theirs steam engines and steam Wagons plus loads of classics there, make yourself known to us if you turn up, Paul or Dave green Mercedes if not Happy Xmas to all our very friendly fraternity Laughing
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try and get over for that then! ta for the info

Rick
Very Happy
mcpartland

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: steam gathering Reply with quote

If any body would like to get in touch with North West Casual Classics press on the cartoon caption that says email and you can send an email to me (I look after the web site).

The event on boxing day (This is not a club organised event but is organised by the local steam boys and girls) is a bit of a blow the cob webs out and escape the christmas turky it starts at the Jolly Thresure in Lyme at 11.00am and makes it way from pub to pub a lot of traction engines etc. and some classic cars, (very informal just turn up) .

Jimmy
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Ah right, not sure if I will get over to that one as the sidewalk is missfiring quite badly! Will try but will get really lost also, if anyone has any more directions road numbers, It may help, I have never been to lyme before! I get lost in nantwich and I live there! Embarassed Confused

Cheers

Dave
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyable trip up to Lymm, got to the Jolly Thresher quite early so caught all the early arrivals. Chilly day, but it was dry. Here are some pics from the various locations along the route:

Rick
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Looks a really good do, and I am even more anoyed than I said I was earlier!! Why am I allways ill at Christmas!!??

Oh well, can't do anything about it now, except kick myself. Crying or Very sad

Cheers

Dave
mcpartland

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: jolly thresher Reply with quote

Nice photoes of the day I am glad that you enjoyed yourself (nice to put faces to names)
I will put a note on the site of any runs car shows that we are attending

Jimmy
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jimmy, would be interesting to hear of other low-key get-togethers like that

cheers
Rick
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I also like informal shows/runs, simmilar to the one on the a51 last summer, I am keen on evening meets so that it does not take up the whole day. A midweek weekly evening meet in the summer would be good, pehaps going round different areas so as not to get boring.

Cheers

Dave
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That did look like an interesting show.

A couple of things that I noticed though. I think that the MkII Zodiac might be my old one(?), and if it was, I'd enjoy hearing from the owner, and also the Deuce has a lighting kit that is incorrect, both in lamps and fitting. Just call me Eagle Eye Joe!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: