classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Speedo Clear out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
UKdave2002

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Speedo Clear out Reply with quote

I’m having a clear our, this will be the 1st of a few listings. The following are speedo’s a couple are unused and a couple of other clocks, unfortunately I don’t know the applications for them, if you recognise any of them let me know and I’ll label them. Some of them are rough, if you want any more detail let me know, I’ll leave them on this forum for a couple of weeks and then stick any that are left on eBay. Hope they are use to someone.

Cheers Dave

Speedo 1

Speedo 2

Speedo 3

Speedo 4 (other gauges)

Speedo 5

Speedo 6

Speedo 7

Speedo 8

Speedo 9

Speedo 10 (Tacho)

Speedo 11

Speedo 12
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave

third one reminds me of the P5 Rover, seven is a Triumph I think, 9 may be a Mk2 A40 but I'd need to check, ten again I think is Triumph (early Spit? or 13/60 Herald?)

I did wonder if I needed the Austin one at the end, but I think my clocks have a black dial, white letters

Rick
UKdave2002

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick, from what I can remember this style of gauge was fitted from around the mid 30's till late 40's either side of that had the black dial white lettering, if anyone is interested I'm pretty sure the matching "oil, Temp, Fuel" binnicle is sitting in another box! somewhere! I'll have a dig over the weekend.

Dave
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, this is the dash from my chrome rad 10 (1934), at the time of photographing with one odd clock (since replaced)

The '35 on 10 Lichfield also has dials of this style. I did wonder if your dial was from a just-postwar 8 or 10? or maybe a larger 30s model such as the 16?

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: