classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Citroen DS Decapotable How Much for a restoration project ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Andrew66

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Citroen DS Decapotable How Much for a restoration project ? Reply with quote

In my mind one of the most attractive classics is the Citroen DS Decapotable. Just seen one for sale on the auction site but do not know how much to bid ? Does anyone know the value of a car requiring restoration ?
Can be seen here

http://www.classic-cars-auctions.co.uk
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way they show a mint restored car, and not the one found in a French barn. Potentially it'd be worth a bomb when done, but I'd want to see pics of the car in question before placing an offer, better still to see it in the metal/rust!

Rick
Andrew66

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Citroen Reply with quote

Yes they are going to email me some pics of the actual car.
Scotty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

Citroen Decapotable's are extremely expensive, not only good one's, but to restore as well. You probably know they are very rare, so in turn certain parts are going to be like hen's teeth, for example the roof mechanism. And goodness knows how much a front wing or major suspension parts are going to be if they're required - have you checked out any of the classic Citroen parts suppliers (if there are any) to get ballpark prices for things like trim, suspension spheres (if that's what they are called) etc?
The vendor has no feedback score, so its an unknown quantity as to the reliability of the description and until I saw the photographs I wouldn't think about placing a bid. Perhaps you know someone up in the Inverness area as it would be a worthwhile exercise to see if you could arrange with the vendor for them to visit to see the vehicle "in the flesh" and take their own photographs for you and check over its condition?

All that said I've seen only one of these cars in my life at the Dalmeny House Classic Vehicle Show, near Edinburgh and its was stunning - not only in condition, but it had a truely unique presence that everybody noticed. I wouldn't mind owning one. Wink

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: