classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Mini Introductions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Mini Introductions Reply with quote

Hi

I thought it may be good to do a simmilar introductions thread for us mini people, as on the main Classic car forum. Just so we know who we are actually chatting to, I find it really difiicult sometimes to remember everyones handle.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited by buzzy bee on Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I will start it off, I am David Riley, I am 21 and produce the website for the Market Drayton mini club (www.marketdraytonminiclub.co.uk) and the Mini Sidewalk website (www.minisidewalk.co.uk).

I have a mini sidewalk as you may have guessed and also have a Clubman estate that has featured in a few magazines lateley. (Pics bellow) I also have a ford picup, but if you want to read about that you will have to have a look in the classic car sections of this forum.

My Sidewalk:-

My Clubman Estate:-

Cheers

Dave
fredbear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I’m buzzy bee’s mum, I don’t own a mini at the moment, too many other commitments to devote enough time to the upkeep but I do get to drive buzzy bee’s sidewalk now and again so think I'm qualified to join. Oh, also help with the club website too Wink .

p.s. this is my first ever post on a forum, normally just read other peoples comments...

K
Scotty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredbear wrote:

p.s. this is my first ever post on a forum, normally just read other peoples comments...

Welcome BB's Mum! Very Happy
draytontez

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: introduction Reply with quote

hi i m draytontez i own a red and white cooper ! and a customised clubman estate ! you can see these on the website www.marketdraytonminiclub.co.uk which has been well created by dave (busy bee) thanks again dave !
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are draytontez

The red cooper and the Estate in the background:-

Cheers

Dave
chimpchoker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I'm chimp choker and last had a mini when Buzy WAS a twinkle in his mums eye!

I had mini's from '83 through to ' 87 when we sold it to get married. I used to race mini's pull them to bits, put them together, crash them, skid them in corners ( it can be done with the wrong mix of crossplys and radials) I chopped the roof of one and drove it around without strengthening and wondered why the tester failed it. I deseamed one and wondered why the rear seams cracked only to find out you should have welded the seams before applying the bodge!!

When I became a bit older I put a reece fische carb on a 1340 tuned mini engine and got 8 miles per gallon ON ECCONOMY SETTING......

It's taken 19 years to get another one and then it was a shell and 6 boxes of bits hence his name BOB ( Box Of Bits) It took a year and a bit to get Bob back together and boy how much I've grown or rather put weight on. I rebuilt it for my son to learn to drive but couldn't insure it for less than £1500 until I got a recent quote of the RAC which brought it down to a tad over £500 so the hifi is going in and the last few jobs that need doing to finish it off will be done this month ready to insure and drive in April.

Until I find some photo's on this minging computer please look at the Chimpchoker introduction on the main site to see Bob in all his glory today.

Take care,

Alan
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chimpchoker

I am glad you got another mini back in the family, can you son drive now or is he still learning? I learnt in a mini, in ths Sidewalk in fact, what a great car to learn in, small, nippy, and probably the coolest first car compared to your mates!

Glad you have found insurance, endsliegh do good deals if your son is still in education, and actually I am still with endsliegh, they seem quite cheap.

Cheers for posting!

Dave
chimpchoker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BB, I'll check endesleigh out as he is stil " a student" well I think he is, the last time he surfaced out of his pit was after 1pm on sunday, he grunted in some neolithic growl something about food and then progressed to deafen theneighbourhood with slipknot and stone sour.....He's going to uclan in september for a forensic sychology degree so I think he's still in enducation....

Eh by gum it shows my age...

He's never sat in the car yet let alone drove it.

As for the car being cool it is as i've soundproofed it all with 4 gallons of sludge and 25 rolls of brown bread. built a sub box for the 10" boston acoustic sub in the boot build and found a tasty little head unit that plays the Ipod cd's and has DAB caperbillities, a set of Gennesis comps and a gennesis 4 chanel amp.....soon be rockin the free world...
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sounds pretty good to me, he will be proud of that, especially at uclan, My mate is there doing motorsport, his mates will probably be druling over it soon!

Cheers

Dave
bob2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

I m Noel aged 29 and live in Malta, we've still got plenty of minis here.
I have always liked minis and presently have 2 a 1976 customised one and a 1977 one which has been retro fitted with some Mk 1 parts.
HEre is a link to them;
http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/visitors_mini.htm

I've also had a 1976 clubman estate which was way beyond repair (had tooooo many bodges done to it). Despite this it served me well as a run about for almost 2 years then it got scrapped and dismantled and I've still got some parts from it in my garage
I also had a 1991 carburettor Rover Cooper in excellent condition which I regrettedly sold on to fund the purchase of a more modern every day car!!
However it went to a very good home and is very well looked after!
In UK it may be not worth much but in Malta only 6 were sold new making it quite a rare model.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Like I have said in other posts, welcome, but feel free to post when you want in this section!

I bet it is a rarity in malta!

Cheers

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: