classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Is this a Horch???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Is this a Horch??? Reply with quote

UJ sent me some museum pics a while back, but neither of us is sure on this car:

My guess was Horch, with Tatra being another less-likely possibility

Can anyone confirm what this fine machine is???

ta, Rick
Smile
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought was a Tatra, but now I think it's almost certainly of the Auto union family.
This pic of a DKW shows a certain 'family resemblance'.

alfanut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a bit big for a DKW. Could it be a Wanderer, another branch of Auto Union? I've never seen one in the flesh, but I googled Wanderer and found one or two pictures; nothing very like the one in the picture but they look about the right size and seemed to have been quite sporting.
Scotty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went through the books this morning Rick and I'm pretty certain it isn't a Horch. Horch, from the books I've checked appear to have produced large powerful cars harping back to running boards and sweeping bonnets.

My first inclination was it was a Hannomag, but now I'm not so sure. What's throwing me is the headlamps appear to mounted into the bonnet of the car, not the wings. The earliest prototype VW's (VW1, VW2 & VW3's) all initially had their headlamps mounted into the bonnet, like those on your photograph. However in this photograph this vehicle has got a split front screen, from what I've seen so far it appears VW's didn't.

Perhaps its a "special" early VW.

All in all you're no further forward - but I enjoyed the researching. Very Happy
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this elsewhere, and its been identified as an Adler Type 10 - see http://www.adler-veteranen.de/sonder.htm for a similar vehicle (amongst others)

cheers, R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: