classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

An incredible find
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Brian M

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: An incredible find Reply with quote

Something for all of us in this amazing discovery.

http://forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?t=548055

My Spanish is not too good but it seems that someone has found a warehouse in Portugal with 180 cars inside. It has remained untouched for 15 years with the doors welded shut so that nobody could enter "the incredible one". See the photo of the doors having been cut open!

Sorry I can find a lead to where it is. But if I had found it, I'd probably keep it a secret!
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Amazing, wonder where it is, one hell of a collection! Nice shed too!! Wink Very Happy

Cheers

Dave
alfanut

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Brian, many thanks for finding that one for us Very Happy Definitely something for MOST of us there (I couldn't see any E83Ws amongst that collection though. Smile ) A Guilitta Sprint and a Sprint SS together, two Lancia Appias and I think an Aurelia GT was enough for me. Was that a Bristol there, that must be unusual in Portugal.
BTW the site is in Spanish not Portugese, and if you want a translation that isn't 100% but good enough to make sense of it then you can get one from Babelfish:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Scotty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Very Happy

I've posted the link on an American web site I'm a member of, so perhaps some of its Hispanic members might give us a clue about what's being said.

Thanks for posting - even with my steam-powered dial-up taking ages to download all the pictures I waited for each photograph to appear, quietly drooling.

And that's a very large pool of drool! Rolling Eyes
Brian M

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlfaNut

The forum is in Spanish, but the "shed" is in Portugal. I have a translator on my PC, but most of the replies are just "Wow" "Great" "Is that a *****?" and so on.

None of them seem to give any clues to the location.

I have followed a link to another forum and that is the same.

Perhaps one of Scotty's contacts can find out more.
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowzers!!

got my Portuguese other half on the translation case Wink handy huh

No-one seems to know whats happening with the cars, or if they do they're not saying, a dealer's website in Portugal had details of the 'ali baba' find for a while, but had to take the page off due to the number of phone enquiries they were receiving Very Happy

Seems that the owner of the cars was present when the welded-up doors of the warehouse were opened, along with a guy who updates that dealer's website (not sure if the web guy is also the dealer)

R
Scotty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

This is a response to the thread I started on the American web site from a friend in California, Dee Dee -

"ALI BABA'S CAVE OF CLASSICS - good choice for a thread title! Very Happy

180 cars were found in a warehouse in Portugal, that had been soldered shut for 15 years so nobody could get inside.

It's funny reading the posts, could have been written by anyone here in the states, some thought it was incredible others thought most was junk and could be used as parts cars.

Sorry Scotty...there is no mention of where in Portugal this warehouse is located although two posters did ask."

No location then guys - RyanAir isn't going to get our money I reckon. Wink
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty wrote:

This is a response to the thread I started on the American web site from a friend in California, Dee Dee -

Just curious, is this the Dee Dee that owns a '56 Chevy Nomad (Dinah) & a '56 Chevy convertible (Maddy)? Smile
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, it's a small world, just seen the posts on Chevy Talk! Very Happy
Brian M

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty

It wouldn't be RyanAir, but I would lead the convoy of empty car trailers!!
Scotty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuchamp wrote:
Never mind, it's a small world, just seen the posts on Chevy Talk! Very Happy

And almost as good as this site!

Scotty MacGlobetrotter. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: