classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

More darn Australians
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
kaybee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: More darn Australians Reply with quote

Hi people, I thought I'd follow Cobber and Kingy overseas Very Happy , you'll have to blame Cornish Lass for this mass migration Very Happy . Here's a couple of pics of our old vans,

It's getting to be about bedtime over here ( down here ? Very Happy ), so goodnight to all, cheers, Col.
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Col

Love the pics!!! super stuff Very Happy Very Happy

Rick
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the van behind the pickup!

What king of time difference is there between here and you?

Cheers

Dave
kaybee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning all, time difference...here it's 7.30am Tuesday, you guys have 8.30 pm Monday. Thanks for your kind remarks about the 'vans ,cheers, Col.
Brian M

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Col - this is UKbrian from VV.

Welcome to the UK's pale imitation of VV.
kaybee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian, good to hear from you Very Happy . How's the weather?...it's 26c here today,nice!...and most of the bushfires are out, so we can breathe again Very Happy , cheers, Col.
cornish_lass

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Col

You been talking to my kids, they always blame me for everything.... whether I was there or not Confused Confused Confused

Good to see that you have found your way here. Your pictures are lovely, but I didn't realize that you owned three of these beauties (shame there is no emoticon for green-eyed envy!!!) And of course complimented by the beautiful blue sky..... excuse me whilst I just slip away into a dream-like trance thinking of the summer to come, aaah Wink Wink

Back again, especially like the little TD. I have decided that if I ever manage to get my van completed (following Reddos 20 year plan of course) I will make one of those. To my mind (what mind I hear you cry!!) it gives you the best of both worlds... a vintage van look, but small enough to just hitch up and go without any great traumas Cool Biggest disadvantage of owning a TD in the UK is that unless you construct something like a Kampmaster, with the kitchen inside the van, cooking might not always be a pleasant experience Shocked Shocked Shocked But hey I guess that's what makes the English spirit so great (or so I am told) Very Happy Shocked Very Happy

Cornish Lass
kaybee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Cornishlass, you're welcome to some of this blue sky/ hot weather stuff , it's highly overrated Very Happy , and we're running out of water Shocked due to the drought. Cooking in the Teardrop isn't a problem, the kitchen area is in the back, as I'm sure you know, we have a 50's Auto tent that fits to the rear and covers the kitchen area and gives you a room to sit/dress/etc. It works a treat and adds a great deal of flexibility to the setup. Oddly enough, nearly every evening on Reddo's tour, everyone crowded into this area in the smallest van on the tour for a chinwag session, it was great fun. You're going to have to save your pennies and come to Coledale later this year and join in, you'd have a ball...all the best, Col, KB2 Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: