classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1973 carlight continental.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
shire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: 1973 carlight continental. Reply with quote

Hello there,well its time to sell my old carlight continental, and hopefully will find a suitable new owner through these pages, it is as said, a 1973 van, with most of its original features ,straight panels, upholstery cocktail cab, gas lights cooker etc, and does deserve to be restored, even though it has good running gear, new tyres, and tows(brought it up from somerset before xmas.anyway, if this is of interest , please drop us a line.and ill send some pics. serious enquiries only please, based in cheshire.
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shire, glad you made it over to the forum - another Cheshire-ite eh? seems theres a lot of us around Very Happy

Rick
James_N

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah the temptation Very Happy

Continentals are pretty dam rare.

As im currently doing up a Cassetta, I couldnt have this, but post some pictures up as id be VERY interested to see what its like. What needs restoring on it?

Thanks
James
shire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you guys, i had a cassetta a few years ago,but always wanted the continental,so will be sad to see it go, its only down to the storage, and time to restore thats the problem, and she looks pretty sad sitting outside a local farm.quite new to this, so not sure how to post pics yet, but will read thru a nd do my best...shire..
James_N

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll host your pictures. Just email them to james@jnolan.co.uk and i'll sort the rest Smile
James_N

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures:

Looks very nice. Would appriciate some interior pictures, and pictures of any possible problem areas. This might help with the sale.

Also how much do you want for the van.

You can try Ebay as well.
shire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly havnt got interior pics taken yet, those were taken after the breakin,how much? gosh, thats why i said offers, it does need TLC, but cleans up quite nicely, i have been waiting for someone else to value it, but they havnt got back to me yet, so, have to wait and see...there is no real rush to sell, and ill keep searching for a suitable storage space,and am sure come spring i will probably have fallen in love with it again, who knows, though i ust admit, the looks on the faces of others towing caravans when they see me approaching is a delight....not sure hopw i would replace that feeling.... anyway thanks for helping with posting the pics, im not using ebay for moral reasons, or ever eat a big mac ! shire.
Robin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this with interest as I am big carlight fan. An aquaintance of mine, who I have sadly now lost touch with, has a Continental that has been used once only it was up off its wheels under a dustsheet in a garage. He bought it brand new in the 70`s and towed it to Brighton with his Rolls Royce. He went with his mother who has since died so he wouldnt sell it for sentimental reasons. (although I really tried to get him to sell it to me).
Can you imagine it? brand spanking new! oh if only.
regards
Robin
shire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: cheers robin Reply with quote

a brand new one, wow, now that is a find, think id be tracking him down and trying to buy it again......the continental is the best caravan ive ever owned, not in the best condition, but, if you think of the costs of restoring a suitably classic and rare car, and the costs of renovating a caravan.....and they would both be a pleasure to own...think id have the continental anyday!, thanks for the info, nice to know the grail is out there somewhere with its wheels off!lol!shire
shire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: another carlight Reply with quote

not sure im posting this in the right place, but there is a very interesting carlight on ebay right now.....deserves a good home...
James_N

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: another carlight Reply with quote

shire wrote:
not sure im posting this in the right place, but there is a very interesting carlight on ebay right now.....deserves a good home...

Im sure that was for sale on ebay a few months back and is the same one thats now being sold again.

I remember this because when it was first on ebay i remember thinking "thats pretty ka-put"

If it is the same one (im sure it is, they aren't 10 a penny are they), i wonder why the seller is selling so quickly after buying
shire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: probably .. Reply with quote

probably...but always interesting to see how much it goes for, do you remember last time?, i sold mine recently, although the man sent the deposit and never showed up..i cant contact him as he didnt leave an address, and his phone is dead.....so i guess im keeping it for a while...strange!, still love it though..!
James_N

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: probably .. Reply with quote

shire wrote:
probably...but always interesting to see how much it goes for, do you remember last time?, i sold mine recently, although the man sent the deposit and never showed up..i cant contact him as he didnt leave an address, and his phone is dead.....so i guess im keeping it for a while...strange!, still love it though..!

cant remember how much it went for last time. not much, it is pretty wrecked!

May I ask how much roughly you sold your continental for? If you dont want to post it in public, PM me? Im just interested to see how much they are worth now.

Ta
James
shire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: carlight continental Reply with quote

hi there, well the offer i accepted was £1400, took a £100 deposit, and never heard from the man again, after lots of calls, and messages, i still have not heard, so, therefore i guess i made a hundred pounds for nothing..... so, even though it was a waste of time, a hundred pounds will pay the storage costs for a bit...strange world eh. and anyway, its nearly spring, so the itchy feet are starting to kick in ...so who knows,....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: