classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Berkeley Messenger and others
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Robin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Berkeley Messenger and others Reply with quote

Hope this works: never done this before. Here is my parents Berkeley Messenger roughly 1950 model. I am the toddler on the left hand side so the picture was taken in about 1952.

Last edited by Robin on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why the page has gone so wide but its a start. I will add on some more photos
Robin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my parents Charnwood. These caravans were made to special order only to the customers own specification. They were made By Jimmy Wright in Leicester. this was about 1956.
Robin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the thomson Gleneagle about 1966.
admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great photos, thanks for posting them on here!!

I wonder if the J Type Morris fans have spotted the van parked alongside the caravan in pic no.1 yet ??
Very Happy

Rick
Barry Lord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robin,

I enjoyed looking at your photographs. I had a 1948 Berkeley Baronet until recently, which had a sun flap at the rear. Unlike the Messenger, only the upper half of the Baronet's rear opened - always nice in the summer. The front end of the caravan came to a point and resulted in the caravan having a two windowed triangular washroom, complete with shower, with a tank needing to be manually filled and heated with a gas jet beneath it.

Best wishes,

Barry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: