classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Fiat Wiring
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
J.Infante

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Fiat Wiring Reply with quote

looking for any available wiring diagrams, exploded views, or other information for my 1963 Fiat 1200. think i have the wiring sorted out, though would prefer to double check before frying anything. novice when it comes to non US cars, i can use all the advice i can get.

cheers all~

PS-will throw up a pic or two as work progresses on the car
john-saab

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ca'nt help with the wiring..most of the Fiats i have owned were from the early 70's but I would like to see pictures of your project...quite a rare car now.
I was gob smacked to see a 130 last week so a 1200 would be a real gem!
J.Infante

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh... its a real gem of a car, as gorgeous a motor as ive ever seen Shocked drivin me nuts gettin information on tho...

from what ive found, shes one of only 400! different body maker (check out the badging).

Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried contacting Fiat themselves?

How did you find this car?

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
J.Infante

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did i get the car? ok folks, gather round.. this story is an interesting one, proving truth to be stranger than fiction...

i recently took a job helping out a family friend with a high school play production--running sound, setting up lights, building set, etc. the director knew my mother from drama back in high school. her parents are close with my grandparents in the local historical society, and her daughter is good friends with my sister (trifecta!). so im heading out tot eh other school to work for the first time, and i see this thing on the side of the road... now, im in ohio. in redneck city, little town known for the local truck night and used truck dealership. this car is completely out of place, "what the h@#$! is a Fiat doing HERE?!?!" we stop, i talk to the owner (hes interested in a trade for my rotted out old Dodge 1/2 ton). he comes out to my place to have a look at my truck an brings a buddy of his, Garrett. Garrett is the cousin of Tiny, who my Dad knows from years ago workin in a body shop. and as a general rule, anyone named "Tiny" in the automotive field HAS to b over 300lbs. they look over my '85 Dodge--1 truck, 4 rims, half a carter carb an a handshake later the car is mine. jokingly before they leave... the owner says "i know who'll want this--Hillbilly Clide." Clide was born 3 days apart from my sister in the same hospital an grew up together. Clides father is Papa Smurf, used to work for my Grandpa (big white beard that reminds u of the smurfs). we head out to go get the title transfered an it hits us collectively... Garrett knows my family from workin with the auto salvage place next to my families business (Margala & Sons). the owner ALSO knew my Dad from Toms Automotive. my mom knew Garretts girlfriend from working at a convenience store. then comes the notary, uncle paul. uncle paul is REALLY papa smurf. he worked for my grandpa the same time my mom worked there and they knew each other well. we hadnt realised this until he came in an gave my mom a hug--collective laugh from the whole group. the car? had been rolled out the same day i saw it. Shocked

ps-still waiting to hear from Fiat
J.Infante

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pps- story best appreciated with excessive hand gestures, standing around some classic car Wink
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowwwww

(shake of the head!!)

I am afraid you lost me! That reminds me of one of those jokes that really confuses everyone! Or is it just me that gets confused by them jokes? Embarassed Confused

Cheers and I will have to sit down when I am more awake and try to understand the above story! Very Happy

I would imagine your hand gestures would help!

Cheers

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: