classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

VSCC Mallory Park 12th August 2007 photos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
Rob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: VSCC Mallory Park 12th August 2007 photos Reply with quote

Had a fantastic day at Mallory Park yesterday, highlight for me was the Edwardian races, with many, if not all, of the cars unique. Unfortunately there was what looked like a very nasty crash at the end of the day but don't believe there were any serious injuries or fatalities. I have more photos if anyone's interested, took about 85 in all.

First off, a look at the 'retro rides' show of modified old cars

No idea if this 'thing' is road legal!

Can't really see it on the photo, but on the back of the VW there's a chopper bicycle with a petrol motor added. Oh, and what's that on the left hand side of the bumper?

I think the bottle opener should come as standard on all cars!

Then a look around the pits

Nice Rolls

My favourite, a 1914 Sunbeam Tourist Trophy

Bentley 4 1/2 litre 'blower' with supercharger

Faded Union flag on the side of the Bentley, think the paintwork was original

1911 Ford Model T racer

Frazer Nash Super Sports outside 'Longston Cl(ass)ic Tyres'

The deafening 24 litre Napier Sea Lion powered Napier Bentley

1913 Singer 10

1908 GN (Godfrey Nash, predeccessor of the Frazer Nash) with a JAP engine, great fun watching this and the other GN drive through corners almost sideways!

Nice use of £80,000+ Frazer Nash TT Replica!

Tony Seber in the Wolseley Hornet Special won every race he was in (of the ones I saw anyway, missed the last two)

Alfa Romeo Zagato Spyder

Half of the line up for the post-WW2 race

Cooper T59 which won the race

And onto the Edwardians

101 is the 1914 Sunbeam Tourist Trophy, behind it is the 1908 Panhard Levassor Grand Prix which won the race and the Dick Baddiley Trophy

1906 Mors Le Sanglier (number 198) with either a Sunbeam or Minerva behind it (can't tell if it's a 105 or 109)

1912 Sunbeam coupe de l'auto

1908 GN about to slide around another corner

The grandson of the GN - a 1933 Frazer Nash TT Replica (still chain driven), one of four present and two racing, in the race after

The Dick Baddiley trophy on top of the Panhard Levassor that won it

Alvis Hare mascot well prepared for the evening drive home!

Anyone want to make a guess at the nationality, year and perhaps even make and model of this car?

Bit of a clue, metal badge on the radiator
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top photos there Rob, thanks a lot for posting them! do you know which cars were involved in the shunt??

the last pic looks like a French Amilcar of some sort to me? the Marchal headlamps would also suggest something French too

Rick
Smile
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
giggles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are loads of photo's and videos on www.retro-rides.com have a look on their forum. Cool Some friends went down from Sudbury, Suffolk for the weekend.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The Napier Bently is really nice, one of my favourites, but my favourite has got to be the Alvis Hare mascot!

Cheers for posting the pics!

Dave
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pics. Thanx.
Rob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Top photos there Rob, thanks a lot for posting them! do you know which cars were involved in the shunt??

the last pic looks like a French Amilcar of some sort to me? the Marchal headlamps would also suggest something French too

Rick
Smile

I heard the GN/Ford 'Piglet' rolled in the crash avoiding another car that had crashed, the driver of the GN was alright though just badly bruised but is back at home.

As for the car, I thought the same, and from the look of it placed it pre-WWI (especially as it was parked with the other Edwardians). Turns out it's a 1926 Austin 7! It's down as an Austin 7 'Salamanda', presumably it got the Salamanda bit as the owner/driver is called Amanda. Not sure if it originally looked like that or it's been modified by the owner to look different, but it looks great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: