classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Exterior Paint
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
gillberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Exterior Paint Reply with quote

Can you please give me some advice and help, we need to paint the outside of our Cheltenham, we have seen & spoke to another owner who painted his in dulux weather shield (it looks good) he used a small roller then a small brush to finish it off. what are your experiences?

We now have the chrome trim to fit to the sides so we can get rid of the gold stripes Rolling Eyes
giggles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike used a small roller & B&Q exterior gloss on ours. It looks good from a distance and anything was better than how it used to look, but just don't get too close. This summer hasn't been the best to try to do it either, everytime he got the paint out , it started to rain!

Our friend Mitch had his Cheltenham sprayed by a friend of his and it does look better.

No doubt some of the others will add their comments to these.
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this link out about painting cars with a roller.
http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67200168

I'm going to try this out on the hood of the rust bucket pickup that I just bought and I'll do a thread on it.
I'm not keeping the hood if I redo the truck so it'll make a good test piece.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate for a few more weeks so I can get it done.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuchamp, I dont know if you are aware of this, but 2 pack is available in rattle cans in the US now. Could this not be a better alternative for your Chev?

UJ
giggles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm right in saying that 2-pack paint is banned over here. Sad
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard, they were trying to ban 2K, but that hasnt happened yet....it is still available if you know where to look.....anyway, WBP's are available as an alternative..... Very Happy

UJ
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having my truck sprayed recently, the chap told me he couldn't get 2 Pack any more.
He ended up using it on the interior, but switched to that new water-based paint for the exterior.
After much flattening & polishing, I cannot stress enough how pleased I am with the finish.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-R, does that mean we have a WBP fan on the forum?

UJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: