classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Introducing myself....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
eddyramrod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Introducing myself.... Reply with quote

Hello, I'm Eddy and I'm an alco.... oh sorry, wrong forum! ...And I'm an old-car nut!

Let me say here and now, I love the idea of keeping a period-correct caravan for use with one's show car. Sadly my show car is a bit young, a 1991 Chevrolet Lumina, but for towing and regular use I have a 1987 Volvo 740 estate.

Now I also have a caravan, approximately correct for the Volvo; but with no interior. That's how I bought it, and it was exactly what I wanted, as I had been looking for a large lockable trailer for my car-boot stock. Perfect. It's an Ace Pioneer. Can anyone help me with details? I would rather like to know just how old it really is, and perhaps if it would be worth my while seeking out a better example for actual camping use!

Incidentally, browsing the page that led me here, I see there's some interest in old trailers. So it's not just me then! I have a rescued trailer (which I use frequently) of indeterminate age, pulled from the weeds of a scrapyard about four years ago. My mate Dave rebuilt the bodywork and later sold me the unit to finance, yes, another rebuild. He currently has two on his driveway... I'm always alert to a trailer or caravan, or car (or even truck!) quietly returning to nature in someone's driveway or yard; wherever I go you can bet I'll spot something, usually a/ deadly boring; b/a long way beyond repair or c/ (and most likely on all occasions) way over my budget! I usually defer to Dave as my wife automatically complains if I bring something else home...
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eddy, welcome to the forum, hope you find it interesting Smile

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.
eddyramrod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Welcome from me too!

Very Happy

Cheers

Dave
daisy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone ,came across this site a few months ago and have enjoyed reading the various posts.While out caravanning at Thornhill in Stirlingshire we came across the Cheltenham Owners Club rally,one of the organisers kindly let us have a wee nosey in his van and so did another owner,ever since then we have been hooked on Cheltenham vans and are hoping to buy one soon..we have been to see a few but were not in as good condition as their advert stated.So I decided to join up here so Iam at least prepared for posting any problems we might need help with when the time comes .
Daisy x
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daisy!
gillberry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daisy , we have a cheltenham fawn (the baby one) and found the club very helpful . Their members are keen to keep cheltenhams going . We attended the rally at ledbury this year and could not believe how freindly everyone was . The club website quite often has vans for sale and if you join (£10per year) they will tell you what to look for when buying , a lot have done complete restos on theirs .
gillberry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Daisy
have you looked at the cheltenham site in the last few days it seems that they must be having a sale, as several have come up and on ebay in the last week
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: